CAT Result 2018 “Scorecard & Percentile” To Be Declared Soon at iimcat.ac.in: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test which is held in India. The CAT test scores the candidate who appeared for the exam on the basis of Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative Ability (QA), Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI), and Logical Reasoning (LR). This exam was started by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). It uses this test for selecting students who have applied for their business administration programs. The test is conducted every year.
Every year one of the IIMs conducts the test. This is done based on a policy of rotation. The CAT exam was previously a paper-based test. But this format of conducting the test changed in 2009. On 1 May 2009, it was announced that from now on CAT will be a computer-based test. Earlier the American firm Prometric was entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the test. The firm conducted the test from 2009-2013. The first computer-based CAT exam was marred with technical errors. The errors were very serious in nature. The issue prompted the Government of India to seek a report from the Connor.
CAT Result 2018
The trouble was fixed and the causes for the server slow down was fixed. Since 2014 the American firm Prometric has not been conducting the CAT exam. It Is now conducted by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). The CAT 2018 exam was conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow. The CAT exam is important for students who want to pursue MBA. The better their CAT score, the better college they will be able to get into.
CAT Result 2018 Cut off
There are certain eligibilities which the candidate must have in order to be eligible to take the CAT exam. The eligibilities required for the CAT are as follows:
- The candidate has to hold a Bachelor’s Degree. He has to score at least 50% or equal CGPA. For aspirants who belong to the reserved category or are SCs or STs then the percentage required for them is 45%.
- The degree should be granted by any of the universities consolidated by an act of the central or state statutory body in India or other instructive organizations built up by an act of Parliament or pronounced to be considered as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Applicants who are appearing for their final year of bachelor’s degree program and individuals who have finished their degree exams and are waiting for their results can also apply. If they are selected then these applicants will be allowed to join the program temporarily, only after he/she presents a certificate from the principal/ registrar of his/her college which states that the applicant has finished every one of the prerequisites for acquiring the degree.
CAT Cut off 2018
The expected cutoff percentile for CAT 2018 is 90. At some IIMs it is expected to be around 85. The cut off percentile varies depending on the institutes. The registration form and the process of registering for the CAT are available online. There is no offline registration facility.
How to check CAT 2018 Result
The registration requires the candidates to fill up their academic details. A photo needs to be uploaded along with their scanned signature. Other documents required are specified on the website.
The registration fees required for CAT exam is INR 1800, for general category applicants. Reserved category candidates have to pay INR 900. There is no provision for offline mode of payment. Payment of the registration fees has to be done online. If the candidate makes some error while filling up the form, the mistakes cannot be rectified after the submission of the form. The candidate has to re-register if such a thing happens.
The steps for applying for CAT 2018
- The candidate has to log on to the official website for CAT 2018: https://iimcat.ac.in
- The candidate then has to register himself/ herself with a valid email id and phone number.
- The login credentials will be sent by the IIMs to the candidates through mail or SMS.
- After receiving the login credentials the candidate has to log in the application window and fill up the online application form. The areas to be filled in the application form are personal details, contact details, academic details, work experience, selection of IIMs to apply for and selection of the test centers and the interview cities.
How to check CAT Result 2018 Scorecard
To check the scorecard of your CAT exam follows these steps:
- Search for the result page of your CAT exam after the declaration of the results.
- After opening up the login page enter your user id and password. Then click the login button.
- After the results page opens click the Candidate Scorecard tab.
- A link will appear. Click on it to download your CAT scorecard.
|CAT Result 2018||Check Here|